A mind-blowing day . . . . I've never felt so on the edge of something vocationally, but today I ventured into a conversation with a co-chaplain and he shared a dream/vision he has had on his heart for some time now regarding opening a shelter in the Oconomowoc area for women and children experiencing abuse (a hushed but prevalent problem in the area). I listened to his still-forming hopes for the place and bounced a few ideas off of him. He has yet to see the full picture (which he feels he needs before acting--understandable), but when he does . . .I'm there. No hesitation on my part whatsoever. I think of all the healing that could begin with a big house on the lake . . .meeting with women in canoes and exploring life experiences out on the water . . .the kids having the lake to swim and fish in . . .big rooms to facilitate circles in for group therapy . . .with smaller rooms for reflection. Prayer/meditation rooms . . .yoga . . .some sort of education/training element. And if one can legally get away with it, a dog for pet therapy. It's pregnant (as my CPE supervisor would say) with potential.
Wow.
God, make the full picture known. Please include me in it.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment