Thursday, May 25, 2006

If I could marry any stretch of land in the world . . .

I would marry the North Shore--truly. I'm a sucker for rocks, water and the woods, and all merge beautifully along the Superior Hiking Trail. Above I'm "posing" for a picture above Grand Marais. It's a sloppy Proud Warrior, but we had just hiked 8 miles. And let me add that I must now avoid Grand Marais like I avoid Bozeman, MT . . .I could all too easily move there and live happily ever after.
The girls on a section of trail that leads down to the Devil's Track River.
Hiking along the shore . . .again, so much beauty.

There are more pictures, but I have midnight checks for solo tonight, so I've got to get myself together before venturing out to our sites. Hope all is well in your parts of the world.

No comments: