The Superior Hiking Trail does not disappoint! Above is Battle Creek Pond, early in the morning. We heard a moose sloshing around in it the night before--a lot of crunching/snapping of branches and definitive hoof-against-ground sounds. Very exciting . . . .
A corny shot of me looking out over Lake Superior from Mystery Mountain.
Probably my favorite Lake Superior shot . . . .
I couldn't resist: Minnow Lake (near camp in Togo) where I got swarmed by hornets. Unaware and distracted from jumping around on a bog to test its strength, I bounced right into their ground nest. Thankfully I got out of there with only three bites to my right hand. My hand looked like a latex glove filled with water, and even now, turns purple in the areas where I was stung when I'm cold. You can see where the venom (or whatever it is that makes them wretched bastards) traveled in my circulatory system. Some people develop allergies with each new sting. Are there Epi Pens in my future?!
2 comments:
Amazing photos! I'll have to live vicariously and try not to be too jealous . . . though I could do with out the hornet part.
Awesome, simply awesome. Someday, we'll get back during the summer!
Hey, you said the links weren't showing up, try emailing me at my junk account, I'll then give you my for-rizzle account:
slotbumwaller@gmail.com
-M
Post a Comment