Hello all,
I just received word from Lindsay's mom to inform me of a tragic death of one of Lindsay's team members (they had just left for SE Asia a week ago). He was an older gentelman who drowned.
There is so much to pray for, as his wife was with him while swimming. They tried to save him, but the ocean's pull had taken him under and his body didn't wash ashore until this morning. There are several Muslim laws that go along with the recovery of a dead body, and as of now, they're not sure if they're allowed to bring the body back to the States.
I'm in complete shock and feel overwhelmed for Lindsay and her team of 5 . . .now 4. I think of her sister and brother-in-law over there as well, along with their children, and my heart breaks for all the grief/surprise/anger/fear that this might bring up in them.
Please pray for them--as of right now the team is on a boat with the body; leaving the island to get to a larger city. I can't imagine the wife of the drowned man . . .journeying alongside her dead husband across the ocean. And I think of Lindsay, too, as the reality of the situation crashes in on her.
God . . .may they experience your gentle mercy and concern.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. So sorry to hear. Will pray.
Post a Comment