I wandered into the local Starbuck's this evening to find retreat and work on my prayer book for work. I'm consulting favorite poets and books, and gathering quotes and so on to assemble into a journal that I'll carry with me when doing rounds at the hospital. I think I'll find it to be a tremendous resource . . .and it'll be congruent to who I am as a person.
As I've been perusing books and mulling over different passages, I can't help but think of my college friend, Traci, and all of the long talks we had in various coffee shops in the Twin Cities. We would pull out our journals and share quotes that grabbed us. We'd talk about our lives in the context of the words we found profound and helpful, and little bits of our souls were handed back and forth--enjoyed, affirmed, loved.
All of this is to say, "Traci, you are missed!"
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment