Saturday, March 18, 2006

Go Huskies!

I've wandered over to my parents' house to watch some of the games with my brother. Currently Gonzaga (where is this school and how did it get its name?!) is ahead of IU by 5 points. Earlier Washington beat the Fighting Illini by 3 points. Woo hoo!

I've decided that I want one of the Husky teams to win. Some people might choose a favorite color in picking a team, or a location that they're tied to (UW Milwaukee already lost, along with Madison), or the school they graduated from to cheer on throughout the tournament process. This year I am going to pick teams for their mascots--particularly ones that are dogs. So for this March Madness, I'm going with UConn or Washington, and I think the chances are good that one of them will make it to the championship game . . .even if my brother rolls his eyes at me.

No comments: