My apologies to those of you who are offended by swearing, but I have no other way of referring to the pains of paying my Self Employment Tax to an administration I hate, not to mention that I will never see that money when I'm older. Granted, I have the perks of being able to write off gear, food, and travel costs, along with health insurance and the like. But it still amazes me that even with my sizeable deductions, they can STILL take a serious chunk of change. Bastards.
I think I've turned into my grandfather.
Friday, March 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oooh--I feel you on that one. We were self-employed for a few years. I still get angry when I think about it. Although, Maya and I are on medicaid now---so I feel some retribution each time I pick up a prescription and don't have to pay for it :)
Thank you, Sib. Maybe I should check out this Medicaid thing . . .kidding, kidding.
Apparently I have no right to complain until I'm paying property tax, according to my friends who own homes in the area. They refuse to give any sympathy: "You can write off your gear and food. Why are you complaining?"
And so it goes.
:)
Post a Comment