Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thunderstorms

Yes--lightning, thunder, pauses between onslaughts of rain--all of it happening last night. It's strange, coming from the land of 3ft deep snow to rain and thunderstorms (not to mention the 30 degree difference). I felt some sadness as I drove away from the last remaining bits of snow . . . .

However, to hear the rain on the roof and feel the building shake under the weight of the thunder last night was incredible. I remembered how much I've missed the midwestern storms, and am again thankful to be back. There's nothing like the panes rattling after the thunder and the anticipation of the boom after the lightning first makes itself known. Like I did when I was little, I found myself counting "1 . . .2 . . .3 . . .4."

How did I survive in CA? Good, amazing friends . . .that's how I survived in CA.

On a different note, Dima is losing his gut. This is good news--the ridiculously priced dog food is not purchased in vain!

No comments: