I am so EXCITED. Tomorrow I head up to Madison (40 mins from Oconomowoc) for Canoecopia 2006 to scout out potential kayaks. My good friend, Danielle, will be there selling jewelry and is going to help me find a kayak that fits my needs. She used to work as a kayaking guide before she trained me in at Thistledew, so I'm looking forward to her "consulting." I've also been getting to know the folks at Sherpers, the independently owned gear shop not even a block away from my apartment (dangerous). They're willing to match any deal I find at Canoecopia, so I can keep my purchase local. Beautiful. Also--I can bring Dima shopping there anytime. He was a hit with the staff, even though he scratched on the door to get out of the dressing room when I was trying on clothing. I know, I live an odd life.
Aside from that, no deep thoughts today. Just happiness. Spring and open water are close . . .I feel it in my bones.
Friday, March 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooooh! Have fun shopping :) Nick and I bought a kayak last summer---it is a two seater, with an added child seat. So fun! We live 10 minutes from Mansfield Hollow---divine :) Spring is on its way--thank goodness!
Thanks, Sabrina. :)
What is Mansfield Hollow? Do tell . . . .
Does Maya like the water adventures as much as you and Nick do?
Post a Comment