Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cheesehead Crocs

While at Canoecopia I ran into a million gear deals, which I can rarely walk away from with a good conscience. I picked up a new PFD ("personal flotation device"--the PC term for lifesaver), some Granite Gear storage bags, and a pair of Crocs--bright, yellow, definitely-Green Bay-cheesehead Crocs (probably why they were so cheap).

First, let me explain the current craze over Crocs: they weigh virtually nothing and are surprisingly comfortable. A great shoe, to say the least, to throw on after a long day of backpacking. I also enjoy walking the dog in them. However, I am still having a hard time getting used to their color. I swear I'm the only woman walking around in Oconomowoc as Daisy Duck. It has only been within the last year or so that I've been working to embrace brighter colors . . .like pink. I like pink now. In fact, I actually own a pair of pink pants. Progress. But the Crocs are going to take some time . . . .

So for those of you from Oconomowoc that maybe read this blog--yes, I'm the one with the yellow shoes cruising around the lake with the dog. Try not to stare at them when you drive by.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Embrace the joyfulness of the Daisy Duck yellow. It takes a true woman of confidance to sport such bold colors... and seriously, how can you not be happy looking down at bright yellow feet!!! You are loved, bright yellow Crocs. and all :) Wear them proudly!!

Kristy said...

I have to admit that on the cloudy days, the Crocs provide a bit of "sun." Blazing, glaring, extremely yellow "sun."

:)

This is what I get for being cheap. ;)